Right here’s what we’re watching forward of Monday’s opening bell.
- U.S. inventory futures edged up and bond yields crept decrease as buyers grew extra snug with the inflation outlook and the tempo of the financial restoration.
- Futures tied to the S&P 500 added 0.6%, pointing to a constructive begin to the week after the broad-market index fell reasonably for 2 weeks in a row. Nasdaq-100 futures rose 0.8%, suggesting beneficial properties for expertise shares after the opening bell. Learn our full market wrap right here.
- Bitcoin regained some floor after touching multi-month lows Sunday and traded round $37,750, a 7% rise from Friday at 5 p.m. ET.
What’s Coming Up
- Earnings are due from
after the shut.
- An internet convention hosted by CoinDesk begins Monday. Federal Reserve governor
speaks on digital currencies at 9 a.m. ET
Market Movers to Watch
shares soared 20% premarket. The space-travel firm stated it accomplished the primary human area flight from New Mexico on Saturday.
shares added 1.5% forward of the bell. Over the weekend it reached an settlement with
to supply Moderna’s Covid-19 vaccine.
Cabot Oil & Gasoline
stated they’d mix in a merger of equals. Shares of each firms slipped 2% premarket.
shares gained 1.7% premarket. The movie-theater chain’s largest shareholder, China’s Dalian Wanda Group, has offered most of its shares, in line with a securities submitting on Friday.
shares rose 1.1% premarket. The chip maker on Friday proposed a 1-for-4 inventory cut up, the largest in its historical past.
shares jumped 4.1% premarket after the supplier of rental lodging and catering providers reported quarterly earnings and raised its outlook for the 12 months.
shares edged up 0.7% premarket. Epic Video games’ courtroom battle towards Apple is anticipated to finish Monday with a debate-style format during which the decide will drill both sides with questions on their instances.
shares rose 1.2% premarket.
on Friday lifted its score of the cloud-software firm’s inventory from promote to impartial, although it additionally lower its value goal.
- Traders that held on to footwear-and-apparel firm VF Corp. shares for the previous 10 years have seen complete shareholder returns of virtually 390%, greater than seven occasions a basket of friends.
- The median existing-home value rose to $341,600 in April, the very best on report, the Nationwide Affiliation of Realtors stated Friday. The annual value appreciation of greater than 19% was the strongest in information going again to 1999.
Chart of the Day
- Gross sales of collateralized mortgage obligations, securities backed by bundles of dangerous company loans, are hitting information, lifted by a recovering financial system and demand from yield-starved buyers.
Should Reads Since You Went to Mattress
Copyright ©2020 Dow Jones & Firm, Inc. All Rights Reserved. 87990cbe856818d5eddac44c7b1cdeb8